In honor of the Oscars tonight, let’s take a look back at 2008–Marion Cotillard in Jean Paul Gaultier. The shape, color and mermaid trend looks exquisite on the French actress and to my excitment, the mermaid/under the sea fad has returned with a vengeance.
“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.”
-John F. Kennedy
This Versace ad campaign features a stunning Gisele Bundchen.
While it is still February, I can’t help but lust over summer vacations, bathing suits and the beach, (my ultimate favorite place in the world). Hope this gets you in the mood…happy travels! (Or just day dreams)
1) Goldtone Sea Lovers Starfish Cuff Bracelet, amazon.com
2) Keane Under the Iron Sea Music Print, amazon.com
3) Henriki iPhone 4 case, dannijo.com
4) OPI Mermaid Tears, opi.com
5) Front Cover Mermaid Dreams Eye Palette, forevercosmetics.com
6) Ecote Crochet Mermaid Maxi Skirt, urbanoutfitters.com
7) Oxygen London Sea NY Printed Sequin Jumper, Oxygen London